Saflok 410 is a concealed fix sheet profile with an effective cover width of 410mm. It is an angular interlocking standingseam trapezoidal rib profile, and can be roll-formed on site.
Safintra 0,50mm thick Saflok 410 Colorplus® AZ150 interlocking roof sheeting fixed to steel internal purlins at 1700mm centers, and ridge/eaves purlins at 1500mm centres using Saflok 410 clips that must be fastened to steel purlins with Fixtite® or Safintra approved wafer head self-tapping screws, all in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
The sheeting will be a double interlocking concealed fix Saflok 410 as manufactured by Safintra, roll-formed in continuous lengths from Aluminium or Aluminium-Zinc coated steel.
The profile shall be roll-formed with 3 ribs at centres not exceeding 205mm and a cover width of 410mm. The male rib is to include spurs to ensure a double interlocking action with adjacent sheets. The minimum rib height shall be 41mm. Two stiffening ribs are incorporated in each pan.
With the aid of mobile rolling mills, custom lengths can be rolled on-site, limited by space constrictions and building design.
Off-site rolled sheets are cut to transportable lengths (approximately 13.2m).
Saflok 410 was designed for roof pitches from as low as 2°. It can also be used on walls. When applying to very steep roof pitches you should pierce fix through each sheet under the flashing or capping, along the top of the sheet to prevent the concealed fix sheeting from sliding downward in the fixing clips. Clip-in marks might be visible on high pitched roofs or vertical applications. This visual effect may not be aesthetically pleasing in a residential application.
Where insulation is to be installed, you may need to increase the length of the fasteners given below, depending on the density and thickness of the insulation. When the fastener is properly tightened:
• Into metal: there should be at least three threads protruding past the purlin you are fixing to, but the shank guard must not reach that purlin.
• Into timber: the fastener must penetrate the timber by at least 30mm.
The fully interlocking Saflok 410 clip incorporates one anchor to clasp the middle rib and a dual action gooseneck male to positively hold down the male-female joint.
1. Provides full width engagement on the gooseneck-male rib joint.
2. The Saflok 410 clip demonstrates an excellent hold down capability in negative wind uplift load tests.
3. Engineer-designed geometry of anchor unit for optimal performance under high wind loads and foot traffic.
4. Entire clip is manufactured from 0.8mm Aluminium-Zinc coated steel for compatibility with sheeting.
1. Starting with the female rib first, align the first row of clipsvand fasten on all three fastening positions.
2. Lay the first sheet down over the clips. Starting at the eavevside, clip the sheet onto the clips by first engaging the anchorsvand then engaging the female rib over the gooseneck andvmale rib.
3. Engage the gooseneck of the next row of clips over the malevrib and fasten on all three fasteners. Repeat from step 2.