Product Description and Features:
- Fluteline is an angular trapezoidal fluted profile sheet with similar characteristics to IBR but having an effective cover of 889mm, which is wider than IBR.
- The general shape and appearance of the trapezoidal flutes ensures that Fluteline is totally acceptable for use as roof and as wall cladding. The deep and broad flutes of the Fluteline sheeting ensure excellent drainage characteristics, which makes it an ideal sheet for roofing applications.
- Fluteline offers optimum strength-to-weight performance and is designed to provide the most advantageous load/span characteristics ensuring best economical usage.
- Fluteline can be factory cranked, curved and bullnosed to a wide range of radii. For further details contact our Technical Department.
- Safintra 0,5mm thick, 889mm cover Fluteline profiled Zincal® AZ150 Roof Sheeting, fixed to intermediate steel purlins at 2500mm centres and eaves and ridge purlins at 2200mm centres, using 12 x 65mm metalfix self tapping fasteners with bonded washer. Side laps to be secured using #14 x 22mm metalfix stitching fasteners with a bonded washer over purlins and at centres not exceeding 500mm with #14 x 22mm metalfix stitching fasteners between purlins. All in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The sheeting shall be Fluteline profile as manufactured by Safintra Roofing. The profile shall be roll-formed with 8 trapezoidal ribs at 127mm centres with a nett cover of 889mm.
- The rib height shall be 38mm and shall be fixed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Purlin Spacing's are dependent on both downward loading and negative suction loading caused by wind. An engineer should be consulted to calculate your load (kN/m2) for your particular application.
Length and Roof Pitch:
When using Fluteline 7 sheeting the recommended minimum pitch for roof slopes in excess of 15m is 7.5° and for slopes less than 15m is 5°. Fluteline 7 sheeting can be ordered in any length, subject to transport limitations, up to 13,2m. Longer lengths require special transport arrangements.
Fluteline is pierce fixed to timber or steel supports. This means that fastener screws pass through the sheeting. Always drive the fasteners perpendicular to the sheeting, and in the center of the rib. It is recommended that side laps be stitched at 500mm centers. Its further recommended that every rib is fixed at the eaves, ridges and the apex of the roof.
Side laps to be sealed using a suitable butyl product or neutral cure silicone.
Refer to the Fixtite Fastener section for fixing guidelines.
Download Spec Sheet
Fluteline Spec Sheet.pdf